If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryBusiness Administration
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Client Services Specialist is responsible for the coordination and support for business-to-business client and patient billing as associated with contracts for client services. This position is responsible for maintaining a continuum of interest and credibility with clients as a representative of Monument Health. Client Services Specialist expedites and enhances patient access to care by scheduling diagnostic outpatient services in real time and financially clear patients prior to date of service. Financial Clearance to include completing insurance verification, pre-certification, authorization, pre-registration, notification to the patient or responsible party of estimated amount due for services provided by both the clinic and the facility, and collection of prepayment.
- Effectively uses computerized scheduling for appointments and ancillary services following established protocols. Schedules appointments promptly and courteously and makes all attempts to meet the client’s expectations.
- Registers and checks in patients verifying accurate demographic data entry at each encounter, to include scanning and verifying photo ID.
- Responds to telephone calls in a timely manner. Uses professional communication on the telephone and interprets the caller’s needs and offers assistance as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Financial Clearance to include completing company authorization, through verification, preform pre-registration, and notification to the patient or responsible party of estimated amount due for services provided by both the clinic and the facility, and collection of prepayment as determined by contract terms.
- Accurately bills for services related to the patient's visit.
- Efficiently resolves all assigned work queue items to ensure accurate and efficient claim submission.
- Accurately post payments to accounts for contracted services.
- Maintains complete and accurate company profiles and EMR accounts to ensure all critical data elements are obtained and input correctly in required areas to ensure efficient, accurate and complete billing.
- Works with prospective and contracted client companies to maintain positive and professional business-to-business customer service relations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contracted and third party payer information, to ensure compliance with rules and regulations to ensure accurate reimbursement. party payer and
- Collects prepayments prior to services provided, amount to be determined based on contracted terms for amount due
- All other duties as assigned.
Urgent Care Location-
- Complete monthly accounts receivable reports and reviews delinquent account records and attempts to collect on any outstanding accounts.
- Works collaboratively with the department administrative team to secure and maintain business-to-business contracts and fee schedule pricing.
- Manages reference lab samples by registering, ordering, and accurately labeling specimens, during the pre-processing step
- Coordinates off-site draws
- Gathers missing registration/order information
- Answers questions related to orders, specimen types, results, etc.
- Coordinates and transcribes orders for patients
- Accurately enters results received by Laboratory from send-out reference labs
- Sends results to providers/clients as needed
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Scheduling Experience; 1+ years of Customer Service
Experience; 1+ years of Billing/Collections
Education - Associates degree in Healthcare10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply