If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$16.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Client Service Specialist is responsible for the coordination and support for business-to-business client and patient billing as associated with contracts for client services. This position is responsible for maintaining a continuum of interest and credibility with clients as a representative of Monument Health. Client Service Specialist expedites and enhances patient access to care by scheduling diagnostic outpatient services in real time and financially clear patients prior to date of service. Financial Clearance to include completing insurance verification, pre-certification, authorization, pre-registration, notification to the patient or responsible party of estimated amount due for services provided by both the clinic and the facility, and collection of prepayment.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Effectively uses computerized scheduling for appointments and ancillary services following established protocols. Schedules appointments promptly and courteously and makes all attempts to meet the client’s expectations.
- Registers and checks in patients verifying accurate demographic data entry at each encounter, to include scanning and verifying photo ID.
- Responds to telephone calls in a timely manner. Uses professional communication on the telephone and interprets the caller’s needs and offers assistance as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Financial Clearance to include completing company authorization, through verification, preform pre-registration, and notification to the patient or responsible party of estimated amount due for services provided by both the clinic and the facility, and collection of prepayment as determined by contract terms.
- Accurately bills for services related to the patient's visit.
- Efficiently resolves all assigned work queue items to ensure accurate and efficient claim submission.
- Accurately post payments to accounts for contracted services.
- Maintains complete and accurate company profiles and EMR accounts to ensure all critical data elements are obtained and input correctly in required areas to ensure efficient, accurate and complete billing.
- Works with prospective and contracted client companies to maintain positive and professional business-to-business customer service relations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contracted and third party payer information, to ensure compliance with rules and regulations to ensure accurate reimbursement. party payer and
- Collects prepayments prior to services provided, amount to be determined based on contracted terms for amount due
- All other duties as assigned.
Urgent Care Location-
- Complete monthly accounts receivable reports and reviews delinquent account records and attempts to collect on any outstanding accounts.
- Works collaboratively with the department administrative team to secure and maintain business-to-business contracts and fee schedule pricing.
- Manages reference lab samples by registering, ordering, and accurately labeling specimens, during the pre-processing step
- Coordinates off-site draws
- Gathers missing registration/order information
- Answers questions related to orders, specimen types, results, etc.
- Coordinates and transcribes orders for patients
- Accurately enters results received by Laboratory from send-out reference labs
- Sends results to providers/clients as needed
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience; 1+ years of Billing/Collections; 1+ years of Scheduling Experience
Education - Associates degree in Healthcare
Job CategoryBusiness Administration
Job FamilyBusiness Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply