If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyChild Care
DepartmentRCH Rapid City Childrens Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryTo provide basic child care duties and support the Child Care Assistants in implementing lesson plans.
- Establishes a nurturing and respectful relationship with all children and provides activities that enhance each child's self-concept and socialization skills.
- Establishes a positive learning environment and provides a variety of activities that promote children's physical skills, intellectual abilities, communication skills and creative expression.
- Utilizes knowledge gained through training and takes precautionary measures in order to provide for the safety of the children, parents, and other program participants.
- Contributes to the overall quality early childhood programming by promoting a positive developmentally appropriate practice and ensuring an overall safe, healthy and secure environment for children, staff and visitors.
- Integrates positive guidance techniques on a regular basis, such as communicating expectations, giving children realistic choices, and redirecting inappropriate behaviors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- This position will be a floating position. Not working in one set area or shift.
- You will assist with the childcare both areas (all age groups 6 weeks to 12 years of age),
- You will also assist in the kitchen, and cover staff relief coverage.
Required Hours: varied shifts/ must be flexible: No set schedules
9:00am - 5:30pm and/or 10:15am – 6:15pm. Monday-Friday (no weekends)
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Early Childhood ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply