If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyRadiation Therapy
DepartmentCCI Radiation Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Chief Physicist will be responsible for clinical oversight, performance review and operational processes of staff, and serve as a team leader for physics and dosimetry in CCI. Responsibilities will include development of policy and procedures, QA programs and processes related to physics/dosimetry, collaborates with the RSO regarding radiation safety concerns, responsible for leadership and training of staff with regard to treatment planning systems, radioactive materials, simulator, and other medical equipment within the radiation therapy department: therapeutic applications of X-rays, gamma rays, electron and charged particle beams, neutrons and radiation from sealed radionuclide sources; equipment associated with their production, use, measurement and evaluation; quality images resulting from their production and use.
- Advises physicians, radiation therapists, and the Dosimetrist of equipment problems after notification or its discovery; Provides leadership in technical and radiation matters to the oncology staff. Instructs radiation therapy staff and other paramedical personnel about developments in safety regulations, procedures, standards and thinking relating to the areas of radiation protection.
- Assists in review of Departmental Goals on a yearly and as needed basis to enable the Department to function in accordance with high standards. Assists in the maintenance of the Departmental Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Attends and participates in scheduled Team Meetings to keep current on intra & inter departmental concerns, problems, solutions, and to disseminate information back to division personnel in a timely manner following each meeting.
- Consults with equipment vendors and provides advice regarding appropriate and economical acquisition of technical equipment for the radiation therapy program.
- Coordinates and promotes quality assurance activities and its importance with the oncology physicians and staff; Executes quality assurance activities which will meet or exceed requirements of JCAHO.
- Documents patient and equipment activities accurately, completely, and in a timely manner according to the American Association of Physicist in Medicine (AAPM) protocol standards.
- Ensures compliance of radiation therapy activities with all state and federal laws and regulations and demonstrates application of theoretical knowledge to radiation therapy.
- Facilitates and authors new procedures, guidelines and staffing plans for the Brachytherapy Program. Instrumental in selecting, purchasing, and vendor contact for this equipment and radioactive sources for this program.
- Identifies, recommends and maintains current physics and dosimetry related quality assurance policies and procedures according to hospital policy. Utilizes NRC and other applicable guidelines in developing these policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Masters degree in Medical Physics
Certifications - Medical Health Physics - American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP); Radiation Therapy Physics - American Board of Radiology (ABR)
Experience - 3+ years of Dosimetry Experience; 3+ years of Medical Staff Experience; 5+ years of Brachytherapy Experience; 5+ years of Inverse Treatment Planning Experience
Education - Doctorate degree in Medical Physics
Certifications - Radiation Oncology Physics - American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP); Radiation Oncology Physics - Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine (CCPM); Therapeutic Radiologic Physics - American Board of Radiology (ABR)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply