If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$23.60
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Charge Description Master (CDM) Analyst position is in place to assist in the maintenance of the CDM and all other fee schedules to assure appropriate CPT and HCPCS are reported for procedures, supplies, and within all fee schedules. This caregiver will begin work immediately aimed at successful completion of CDM Epic certification.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Understands the Revenue Cycle and the responsibility and goals of each area and how they impact the financial wellbeing of the organization.
- Verifies all necessary elements in the electronic medical record; appropriate charges for services rendered, accurate coding for services, with some knowledge of the reason for denials and their impact on the organization’s financial wellbeing.
- Assists the CDM Supervisor in development, support, and maintenance of the CDM, all fee schedules, charge capture and entry systems and processes for all points of revenue capture.
- Serves as chargemaster liaison to facilitate clinical department education on appropriate reporting of CPT codes, Revenue Codes, and communicating with Ancillary Departments to resolve issues.
- Applies knowledge to ensure that charges are accurate, billed correctly, and supported according to various payer and regulatory requirements.
- Performs formal review of annual and quarterly CPT/HCPC changes and assists in the preparation of educational documents by specialty, highlighting significant changes and assists in plans for required changes at the department level.
- Reviews and assists with maintenance of chargemaster compliance reports. Assists with all other necessary projects to maintain the chargemaster or fee schedule file.
- Supports timely implementation of coding updates (CPT/HCPCS), periodic UB Revenue Code updates, modifier revisions and regulatory updates to CDM.
- Analyzes file data for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with facility and/or other personnel to analyze CDM billing processes and identify root causes for claims issues/rejections.
- Research regulatory requirements relevant to charges, monitors trends, and maintains knowledge of charge-related regulations and standards.
- Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of departmental monitoring tools.
- All other duties as assigned
Education - High School Diploma/ GED
Certification – Epic CDM certification through the appropriate agency within first year of employment.
Experience – Healthcare experience 3+ years
Education - Bachelor’s degree in healthcare management or Outpatient Coding experiencePhysical Requirements:
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyCredit and Collections
DepartmentCS Managed Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply