If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$23.24
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Certified Surgical First Assistant at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a CSFA, under immediate supervision of a surgeon, you will participate and actively assist in completing the operation safely and effectively by anticipating the needs of the surgical team in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates competence and knowledge in executing aseptic technique and assisting with surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in positioning, draping, and applying surgical dressings, splints, and casts.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors the surgical environment to ensure that the potential for infection is reduced by proper sterilization, decontamination, and disinfection procedures.
- Assists the surgeon intraoperatively. Visualization of operative site is maintained by: appropriate placement and securing of retractors with or without padding; packing with sponges; digital manipulation of tissue; suctioning, irrigating, or sponging; manipulation of suture materials; proper use of body mechanics to prevent obstruction of the surgeon's view.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and competency in assisting with surgical procedures. To include the knowledge of anatomy and physiology, positioning, prepping, draping, and transferring of patient.
- Handles unanticipated events and crisis situations in a professional manner. Is alert to potential problems and notifies appropriate individuals as necessary.
- Insures all sterile items required both instruments and supplies, meet all appropriate standards.
- Manages room and supplies to promote use of only items needed in cases. Questions waste. Forwards these concerns to the Team Leaders. Makes formal recommendations for changes. Provides those recommendations in writing to the Team Leader.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Surgery Technician First Assistant - National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Experience - 3+ years of Surgical Technologist Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Job FamilySurgical Services
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply