If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job Summary*This position is temporary and will not last longer than 50 weeks. Candidates cannot have worked for any Monument Health facility within the last 12 months.*
It starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Certified Nurse Aide at Monument Health, you can begin your healthcare career with no experience necessary. You will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate resident focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Certified Nurse Aide, you will assist the nursing staff in providing excellent, effective, and safe resident care such as personal hygiene, and activities for residents. You will help promote the health and comfort needed to meet their individualized plan of care. On the job training and continual support will help build knowledge and skills needed to provide best in class care and demonstrate cohesive teamwork!
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
- As a member of the multidisciplinary team the nursing assistant contributes valuable assessment in put into the residents care planning process.
- Assesses and provides direct resident care needs to residents with supervised personal/rehabilitative cares as outlined in their individualized care plan to assist with maintaining or improving functional abilities, comfort, independence and safety.
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner according to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrates the desire to grow as an employee, team and facility.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the resident’s condition and encourages the resident to participate in their own activities of daily living and plan of care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Related ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHSC-ST Long Term Care-Skilled Nursing64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply