If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentRCH Women/Children Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryPlans, coordinates and provides total lactation services to breast feeding patients, families and staff through assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation, in accordance with accepted hospital standards, policies and standards of practice for Lactation Consultants.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies and procedures, and integrates knowledge into delivery of care. Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing division and unit specific standards.
- Provides anticipatory teaching to promote ideal breastfeeding practices and minimize the potential for breastfeeding problems or complications.
- Provides direct and indirect education and support for the breastfeeding mother and baby during inpatient phase. Identifies current/potential problems during inpatient or outpatient phase.
- Utilizes critical thinking in implementing the coordination of medical and nursing interventions. Interventions demonstrate care planning that will promote good clinical outcomes.
- Assist in lactation-specific quality improvement initiatives to support best practice and regulatory recommendations in lactation support.
- Develop a plan of care based on identified concerns or problems and the mother’s breastfeeding goals. Evaluates outcomes of planned interventions and teaching, modifies the plan based on the evaluation of outcomes, documents in the patient record and communicates to the primary Healthcare provider(s).
- Develop breastfeeding educational programs for staff and community based on the assessment of ongoing learning needs and current national standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Acute Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) - National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply