If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$31.20
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPlans, coordinates and provides total lactation services to breast feeding patients, families and staff through assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation, in accordance with accepted hospital standards, policies and standards of practice for Lactation Consultants.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies and procedures, and integrates knowledge into delivery of care. Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing division and unit specific standards.
- Provides anticipatory teaching to promote ideal breastfeeding practices and minimize the potential for breastfeeding problems or complications.
- Provides direct and indirect education and support for the breastfeeding mother and baby during inpatient phase. Identifies current/potential problems during inpatient or outpatient phase.
- Utilizes critical thinking in implementing the coordination of medical and nursing interventions. Interventions demonstrate care planning that will promote good clinical outcomes.
- Assist in lactation-specific quality improvement initiatives to support best practice and regulatory recommendations in lactation support.
- Develop a plan of care based on identified concerns or problems and the mother’s breastfeeding goals. Evaluates outcomes of planned interventions and teaching, modifies the plan based on the evaluation of outcomes, documents in the patient record and communicates to the primary Healthcare provider(s).
- Develop breastfeeding educational programs for staff and community based on the assessment of ongoing learning needs and current national standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Acute Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) - National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentRCH Women/Children Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply