If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$16.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As Central Sterile Supply Technician at Monument Health, you can begin your healthcare career with no experience necessary. You will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Central Sterile Supply Technician, you will perform all processing duties of medical/surgical supplies and equipment, both sterile and non-sterile, which include preparing, cleaning, processing, storing, and issuing. As a Central Sterile Supply Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of implant sets, carts, and Pyxis supply inventory system for enhancing the quality of patient care. You will work in collaboration with other departments in the receiving and returning of all equipment that has been sent for cleaning and sterilization.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- After sterilization process, consistently and accurately transfers sterile items to the sterile storage area, rotates supplies, and safeguards the integrity of sterile supplies through proper handling.
- Accurately assembles decontaminated individual items, instruments, and trays. Accurately completes count sheet, tray menu, indicator strips, and sterilizing tapes as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Assists with monitoring and ordering non-sterile and sterile inventory to ensure replacement supplies are available when needed, as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Aware of proper care and handling of surgical instruments to prolong life of the instruments.
- Maintains quality of trays and individually packaged items in circulation by replacing items that are worn out or in need of repair as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Consistently notifies management team of missing or broken instrumentation verbally or in written form as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately relieve and restock inventory from Pyxis supply station and Flex track system to ensure appropriate par levels of implants as evidenced by documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in decontamination, assembling, sterilizing, storing, distribution, and inventory of equipment, supplies, and implantation devices for patient care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Experience - 1+ years of Sterile Processing Experience
Certification - Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) - Accredited University or Training Center
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyMaterials Management
DepartmentRCH Central Sterile Processing
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply