If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategorySupport Services
DepartmentRCH Central Sterile Processing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryPerforms all processing duties of medical/surgical supplies and equipment, both sterile and non-sterile, which include preparing, cleaning, processing, storing, and issuing. Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of implant sets, carts, and Pyxis supply inventory system for enhancing the quality of patient care. Works with other departments in the receiving and returning of all equipment that has been sent for cleaning and sterilization.
- After sterilization process, consistently and accurately transfers sterile items to the sterile storage area, rotates supplies, and safeguards the integrity of sterile supplies through proper handling.
- Accurately assembles decontaminated individual items, instruments, and trays. Accurately completes count sheet, tray menu, indicator strips, and sterilizing tapes as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Assists with monitoring and ordering non-sterile and sterile inventory to ensure replacement supplies are available when needed, as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Aware of proper care and handling of surgical instruments to prolong life of the instruments.
- Maintains quality of trays and individually packaged items in circulation by replacing items that are worn out or in need of repair as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Consistently notifies management team of missing or broken instrumentation verbally or in written form as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately relieve and restock inventory from Pyxis supply station and Flex track system to ensure appropriate par levels of implants as evidenced by documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in decontamination, assembling, sterilizing, storing, distribution, and inventory of equipment, supplies, and implantation devices for patient care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Experience - 1+ years of Sterile Processing Experience
Certification - Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) - Accredited University or Training Center
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply