If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$17.69
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPerforms all processing duties of medical/surgical supplies and equipment, both sterile and non-sterile, which include preparing, cleaning, processing, storing, and issuing. Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of implant sets, carts, and Pyxis supply inventory system for enhancing the quality of patient care. Works with other departments in the receiving and returning of all equipment that has been sent for cleaning and sterilization.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Consistently and accurately transfers sterile items to the sterile storage area, rotates supplies, and safeguards the integrity of sterile supplies through proper handling.
- Accurately assembles decontaminated individual items, instruments, and trays. Accurately completes count sheet, tray menu, indicator strips, and sterilizing tapes as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Assists with monitoring and ordering non-sterile and sterile inventory to ensure replacement supplies are available when needed.
- Demonstrates proper care and handling of surgical instruments to prolong life of the instruments.
- Maintains quality of trays and individually packaged items in circulation by replacing items that are worn out or in need of repair.
- Consistently notifies management team of missing or broken instrumentation verbally or in written form.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately relieve and restock inventory from Pyxis supply station and Flex track system to ensure appropriate par levels of implants as evidenced by documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in decontamination, assembling, sterilizing, storing, distribution, and inventory of equipment, supplies, and implantation devices for patient care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certification - Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) - Accredited University or Training Center
Experience - 1+ years of Sterile Processing ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Heavy work - exerting up to 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or up to 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and or up to 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyMaterials Management
DepartmentRCH Central Sterile Processing
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply