If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyMaterials Management
DepartmentSPH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryFunctions as a member of the Surgery Team in processing and maintenance of sterile instrumentation, inventory control, supply distribution, as well as working closely with the surgical team in room turnover efficiency. Must be able to apply knowledge of aseptic and sterilization principles. Must have high level of organizational skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in decontamination, assembling, sterilizing, storing, distribution, and inventory of equipment, supplies, and implantation devices for patient care.
- After sterilization process, consistently and accurately transfers sterile items to the sterile storage area, rotates supplies, and safeguards the integrity of sterile supplies through proper handling.
- Accurately assembles decontaminated individual items, instruments, and trays. Accurately completes count sheet, tray menu, indicator strips, and sterilizing tapes as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Aware of care and handling of surgical instruments to prolong life of the instruments.
- Maintains quality of trays and individually packaged items in circulation by replacing items that are worn out or in need of repair as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- When possible, assists in “turning over” the OR & Endoscopy Suites, including instrument decontamination, disposal of sharps, linen & garbage, as well as body fluids per Department Policy.
- Records and tracks supplies and instrumentation entering or leaving the facility.
- Trains and Educates Hospital, clinics, and Surgery personnel in proper care, reprocessing, and handling of instrumentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Operating Room Experience
Certification - Cert Reg Central Svc Tech - International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply