If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHMC-Custer Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryResponsible for nursing care under the direct supervision of the Provider/Registered Nurse. Records nursing care given and reports to appropriate person with changes in patient’s condition; consults with RN/Provider when uncertain about nursing or medical act; provides basic health instructions and reinforces teaching by other health team members.
- Reviewing that patient’s record is up to date and accurate by verifying past medical, family, surgical, and social history as well as patient home medication list.
- Assist in managing problem list under the supervision of provider.
- Rooms patients, collects assessment data and prepares patient according to specific need, including documentation support.
- Assists in documentation of examination and treatment, including the use of standard templates,appropriate order modes and other tools.
- Assists with laboratory and clinic procedures.
- Enhanced visit closure responsibilities, including review of After Visit Summary and scheduling necessary follow up appointments.
- Responsible for consistent and standard pre-charting.
- Appropriately manages in-basket work, such as phone calls, refill requests, etc.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Maintains and stocks supplies in exam rooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates in Related Field
Certifications - Medical Assistant (MA) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 1+ years Healthcare Experience; 1+ years Medical Assistant ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.50 Monument Health Custer Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply