If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryAbout Monument Health Rapid City Hospital CVOR
• The CVOR consists of 2 large surgical suites and also assist in the Cath Lab Hybrid Suite
• We perform all cardiac, thoracic, vascular and endovascular procedures
• CVOR is a fast-paced, procedurally driven environment with a team-spirited atmosphere
• $7500 Retention Bonus!
Provides technical surgical skills for all patient procedures during the intraoperative phase in the cardiovascular operating room, under the direct supervision of the surgeon and/or registered nurse. Assists with set up and completion of cases, maintains sterility of field and within sterile boundary. Cardiac and vascular surgical procedures include: coronary artery bypass, valve repair or replacement, endovascular procedures, aortic dissections, implantation of mechanical circulatory devices and robotics cases.
● Performs interventions, skills, and procedures consistent with accepted standards of surgical practice, policies and procedures in the surgical suite. These include, but are not limited to: preparing the Operating Room to include necessary supplies and equipment as indicated by the patient's status; providing appropriate safety and comfort measures to the patient; providing proper patient transfer and positioning; assuring maintenance of asepsis and sterile field; assuring well-being of patient including fluid balance and skin integrity; competency in equipment, supplies and their usage; investigating unfamiliar procedures, techniques, and medications; demonstrating organizational ability by using time, equipment, and personnel effectively; knowing and performing correct sterilization procedures; assuring minimal time loss between cases; utilizing physician preference cards.
● Handles unanticipated events and crisis situations in a professional manner. Is alert to potential problems and notifies appropriate individuals as necessary.
● Performs the technical procedures necessary for job responsibilities in a safe, effective, efficient, legal and professional manner. Is responsible for own education, personal growth and development. Takes timely action & appropriately plans for cases with consideration of individual needs.
● Utilizes organizational assets appropriately which includes supplies, equipment, time and property. Manages room and supplies to promote use of only items needed in case and questions waste.
● Establishes, maintains, and monitors the surgical environment to ensure that the potential for infection is reduced by proper sterilization, decontamination, and disinfection procedures.
● Willing to assist in other roles to keep costs down and quality high.
● Consistently performs appropriate counts per OR policy as evidenced by observation/chart review.
● Support the Institution by operating in an efficient and cost-effective manner while projecting a positive image to the community.
● Supports process improvement by addressing situations that are of concern and follows through with appropriate intervention.
● The Surgical Technician ensures that all required elements are in place for efficient completion of any and all procedures.
● All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates in Health Related Field
Certification - Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) - Association of Surgical Technologies (AST)
Work Experience - 2 years as Cardiovascular Tech requiredPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply