If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$30.12
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist assists the physician in performing invasive cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. One collects, interprets, and processes data for cardiac/peripheral vascular related procedures. One must be able to operate, troubleshoot, and manipulate highly technical equipment to obtain data for medical diagnoses.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Before the patient arrives in the room, prepares the procedure tray according to the Physician’s preference, following sterile technique, with no more than five complaints per year.
- Consistently and Positively works as a team member, helps coordinates the days schedule with all staff members in the lab to efficiently finish the days work load. Is accountable at work and completes the necessary training to safely work and troubleshoot technical equipment.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Examines requisition for appropriate orders, exam date, indication for exam. Reprints corrected requisition.
- Maintains knowledge of updates relating to supply stock, equipment, and procedural processes as they present themselves from Physicians and vendors.
- Monitors, records, and documents procedure data with related paperwork: pressure tracings, EKG, and other procedural data. Documents and charges supplies with accuracy per use for each case involved.
- Participates in quality control/performance improvement in Cardiac Cath lab/Ep as evidenced by report logs.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors the surgical environment to ensure that the potential for infection is reduced by proper sterilization, decontamination, and disinfection procedures.
- Provides for the delivery of patient care based on individual needs through the collection of health data and ongoing patient assessment with identification of problems and needs.
- Works cooperatively in assigned room to complete procedures and prepares for next case with minimal turnover time, as evidenced by observation of the surgical team. Promotes cooperative and efficient operation of the department (i.e., follows chain of command, cost containment, quiet environment), as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Applied Science
Certifications - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) Certification - Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
Experience - 1+ years of Cardiac Cath Laboratory Experience; 1+ years of Electrophysiology Experience
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Cardiovascular Technician (CVT) Certificate - Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
DepartmentRCH Cardiac Services Cath Lab
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply