If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$33.58
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Cardiac Sonographer is responsible for performing all echocardiography-related procedures in varied settings. This role requires a comprehensive knowledge of cardiovascular principles and ultrasound physics and instrumentation as well as the ability to produce and evaluate cardiac ultrasound images and related data that are used by physicians to render a medical diagnosis. The cardiac sonographer is responsible for acting as a liaison between staff, physicians, patients and family members while exercising discretion and judgment in the performance of the clinical examination. The cardiac sonographer will also provide the physician with an oral or written summary of the technical findings as well as provide patient education. The cardiac sonographer serves patients of all ages. This position includes on-call duties (nights, weekends and Holidays) on a rotational basis.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Carries out cardiac examinations following department protocol and procedures.
- Examines requisition for appropriate orders, exam date, indication for exam. Reprints corrected requisition.
- Provides accurate data to radiologist/cardiologist reading exam studies per exam policy and procedures.
- Acquires and archives for the procedure. Demonstrates competency in imaging and archiving procedures.
- Documents appropriate information in patients chart.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Participates in performance improvement and quality control activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Applied Science
Certification - Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) Certification - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
Experience - 1+ years of Sonographer Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Ultrasound
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH CV Diagnostics
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply