If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$17.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe CMT is responsible for monitoring patients that require cardiac monitoring during their hospital stay. The CMT works cooperatively with registered nurses, providers, and other Healthcare professionals. CMTs will cross train to perform 12 lead EKGs and apply Holter monitors.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic ECG interpretation and ability to identify life threatening dysrhythmias.
- Displays knowledge and skill in application, maintenance, and discontinuation of cardiac monitors.
- Performs routine alarm reviews, alarm customization, and review of need for cardiac monitoring according to Monument Health policy.
- Communicates with other caregivers when necessary to alert regarding significant dysrhythmias.
- Contributes to the patient’s medical record by documentation of baseline rhythms and alarms.
- Removes equipment from patient care areas when in need of repair and collaborates with biomedical engineering to assure replacement/repair.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of EKG/EEG/ECG Experience
Education - Some College (1-2 years) in Related Field
Certification - Clinical Electrocardiography (ECG) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
DepartmentRCH Heart and Vascular Unit - Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours24
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply