If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$17.69
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe CMT is responsible continuous observation of patients that require cardiac monitoring during their hospital stay. The CMT works cooperatively with registered nurses, providers, and other healthcare professionals.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic ECG interpretation and ability to identify life threatening dysrhythmias.
- Displays knowledge and skill in application, maintenance, and discontinuation of cardiac monitors.
- Performs routine alarm reviews, alarm customization, and review of appropriateness for cardiac monitoring according to established national guidelines and Monument Health policy.
- Communicates to primary RNs/CRNs when necessary to alert to significant dysrhythmias, low battery level, or leads are off.
- Contributes to the patient’s medical record through documentation of baseline rhythms, alarm review, and trends. Also documents communication with primary RNs.
- Removes equipment from patient care areas when in need of repair and collaborates with clinical engineering for replacement/repair.
- Applies telemetry to patients with verified order for cardiac monitoring. Explains to patient what the monitor does and how it communicates information to the nurse and the CMT. Removes telemetry from patients when orders expire or are discontinued.
- Tracks equipment to assure proper assignment to correct patient.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years healthcare experience such as Nurse Aide, EMT, Paramedic, Laboratory Assistant
Physical Requirements: Medium work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently (34-66% of the time), and or up to 50 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Experience - 1+ years of ECG Experience
Education - Some College (1-2 years) in Related Field
Certification - Clinical Electrocardiography (ECG) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
DepartmentRCH Heart and Vascular Unit - Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply