If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH Heart and Vascular Unit - Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours24
Job SummaryThe CMT is responsible for monitoring patients that require cardiac monitoring during their hospital stay. The CMT works cooperatively with registered nurses, providers, and other Healthcare professionals. CMTs will cross train to perform 12 lead EKGs and apply Holter monitors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic ECG interpretation and ability to identify life threatening dysrhythmias.
- Displays knowledge and skill in application, maintenance, and discontinuation of cardiac monitors.
- Performs routine alarm reviews, alarm customization, and review of need for cardiac monitoring according to Monument Health policy.
- Communicates with other caregivers when necessary to alert regarding significant dysrhythmias.
- Contributes to the patient’s medical record by documentation of baseline rhythms and alarms.
- Removes equipment from patient care areas when in need of repair and collaborates with biomedical engineering to assure replacement/repair.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of EKG/EEG/ECG Experience
Education - Some College (1-2 years) in Related Field
Certification - Clinical Electrocardiography (ECG) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply