If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$25.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Biomedical Technician at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member and will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As Biomedical Technician, you will repair, calibrate and maintain the clinical equipment and complex healthcare instrumentation systems within Monument Health. In addition, you will inspect, install and perform inventory assessments along with preventative maintenance of clinical equipment. As a Biomedical Technician, you will be the support on-site and remotely to the hospitals, service center locations or within an assigned territory.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate and inspect clinical equipment and instrumentation including life-support equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operations and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements.
- Provide mentoring to other biomedical equipment technicians.
- May assist in or conduct in-service educational programs on use of equipment and safety protocols.
- Research and initiate orders for repair parts, working with the supervisor and/or TRC; demonstrate ability to second source parts.
- Individual will be expected to participate in meetings, seminars, training, workshops and conferences as required.
- Make recommendations to the department lead regarding service strategies on equipment; keep supervisor informed of activities, needs and problems with approval of supervisor.
- Maintain an orderly and functional work environment ensuring tools and test equipment are in good working order and calibrated on time.
- Provide 24 hour on-call services in accordance with contractual guidelines and/or departmental policies.
- Respond expeditiously to calls from clinical departments to evaluate and rectify valid operator complaints and concerns.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certification - Valid State Issued Drivers License
Experience - 2+ years Clinical/patient care equipment service experience
Education - Associates degree in Biomedical Electronics
Certification - Biomedical Equipment Technician - International Certification Commission (ICC)
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyBiomedical Technology
DepartmentRCH Clinical Engineering10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply