If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$25.24
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryUnder moderate supervision, repair, calibrate and maintain clinical equipment, instrumentation systems of increased complexity used in healthcare delivery. Inspect, install and perform inventory assessments and preventive maintenance of clinical equipment. Provide support both on-site and remotely to a hospital, service center location, or within an assigned territory.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate and inspect clinical equipment and instrumentation including life-support equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operations and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements.
- Provide mentoring to other biomedical equipment technicians.
- May assist in or conduct in-service educational programs on use of equipment and safety protocols.
- Research and initiate orders for repair parts, working with the supervisor and/or TRC; demonstrate ability to second source parts.
- Individual will be expected to participate in meetings, seminars, training, workshops and conferences as required.
- Make recommendations to the department lead regarding service strategies on equipment; keep supervisor informed of activities, needs and problems with approval of supervisor.
- Maintain an orderly and functional work environment ensuring tools and test equipment are in good working order and calibrated on time.
- Provide 24 hour on-call services in accordance with contractual guidelines and/or departmental policies.
- Respond expeditiously to calls from clinical departments to evaluate and rectify valid operator complaints and concerns.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Biomedical Electronics
Certification - Valid State Issued Drivers License
Experience - 2+ years Clinical/patient care equipment service experience
Certification - Biomedical Equipment Technician - International Certification Commission (ICC)
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyBiomedical Technology
DepartmentRCH Clinical Engineering
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply