If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$27.80
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryProvide service at various Customer sites, Hospitals, or Service Centers within an assigned territory. This includes preventive maintenance, repairs, and calibrations on all assigned medical imaging equipment. Applies technical knowledge of electro-radiological imaging, mechanical, and computer based systems. With Certification and training in one or more Imaging modalities, uses manuals, test equipment, measuring instruments, hand tools and power tools, and specialized knowledge to perform repairs.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Maintain purchase order log and validate invoices for payment.
- Respond expeditiously to calls from clinical departments to evaluate and rectify valid operator complaints and concerns.
- Perform planned preventive maintenance, calibrations where certification may be required and electrical safety inspections on Imaging equipment in compliance with established standards.
- Conduct incident investigation, inspect and test malfunctioning equipment to determine course of malfunction, following learned procedures and manual instructions, using specialized test and analysis instruments and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Perform major repairs by replacing defective components, glassware and readjust components to manufacturer’s specifications using appropriate tools and measuring instruments. May require certification in order to complete repairs.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge and training to perform system calibrations within area of expertise. (i.e.- Rad, RF, Mammo, Nuc Med, Linear Acc, Pet-CT, Ct, MR, or Ultrasound).
- Tests and calibrates equipment at regular or required intervals to maintain operational efficiency and manufacturer’s operational specifications.
- Operates specialized test equipment as necessary to conduct analysis and perform or direct complicated repairs.
- Confers with supervisor, other Imaging Technicians, manufacturer’s representatives and equipment operators to resolve equipment related problems.
- Make recommendations to the Department Manager regarding service strategies on equipment.
- Conducts and compiles Quality Assurance records and reports necessary for compliance with specifications and policies.
- Maintain records and associated paperwork as required in timely fashion.
- Provide emergency on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Research and initiate orders for repair parts, working within established budget parameters.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Biomedical Electronics
Certification - Valid State Issued Drivers License
Experience - 3+ years of Medical Imaging Experience; 3+ years of Radiology Equipment Experience
Certification - Biomedical Equipment Technician - International Certification Commission (ICC); Certified Radiology Equipment Specialists (CRES) - AAMI Credentials Institute
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyBiomedical Technology
DepartmentRCH Clinical Engineering
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply