If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$15.62
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPerform duties necessary to ensure the proper interpretation, processing, recording, approval and payment of inpatient and outpatient medical claims. Accurately reviews information for processing claims into a computerized system in accordance with the primary payer specifications and billing guidelines.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates application of compliance standards and payer specific data to properly file claims and ensures prompt, appropriate reimbursement of services and supplies billed to third parties and appropriate payment of services and supplies due from patients, as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of third party payer procedures including, but not limited to: Commercial Payers, Veterans Administration, worker' compensation, third-party liability, county payers, and all other third party contractual agreements as required.
- Conducts timely follow up of claims. Use tools provided to track and trend patterns of claim submission issues that might require Compliance and Charge master staff to resolve, or HIPAA transaction code set review. Research payer requirements and offer suggestions to leadership for claims submission issues.
- Maintains and updates appropriate system documentation to provide information regarding claim processing to internal or external customers.
- Identifies unresolved requests of patient responsibility and transfers account to self pay. Performs duties and provides best customer service using behaviors that demonstrate responsibility and accountability.
- Participates in departmental activities related to performance improvement and quality control.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of denial follow up and first level appeals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Clerical Experience; 1+ years of Medical Patient Accounts/Financial Services Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, Health Related Field
Certifications - Certified Clinical Account Technician (CCAT) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Job FamilyInsurance Services
DepartmentCS Provider Patient Financial Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply