If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$20.93
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As an Athletic Trainer at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As an Athletic Trainer, you will be a Certified Healthcare professional who collaborates with physicians to optimize the activity and participation of athletes. The care you will provide as an Athletic Trainer will encompass the prevention, assessment and treatment of emergency, acute and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Analyze systems and procedures and recommends changes to improve workflow and efficiency. Maintain and compile statistics for programs associated with the school.
- Assists with the budget by monitoring supply inventory.
- Maintain a filing system to follow injuries, progress, referrals, and treatment orders from physicians for all athletes in the school.
- Provides leadership and support to the athletes and assists where and as needed as directed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates initiative in individual professional development. Completes all education required by the Monument Health system and for licensure/certification in a timely manner.
- Actively promotes the profession within Monument Health and to the outside community.
- Uses appropriate critical thinking and judgment in the provision of care. Performs all aspects of treatment based on accepted national, departmental and evidence-based standards.
- Provides treatment that meets or exceeds departmental outcome standards.
- Execution of the training programs at schools, use of the ImPact system.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Athletic Training
Certifications - Athletic Trainer (AT) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners; for Trainers in Nebraska Athletic Trainer (AT) - Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services; for Trainers in Wyoming Athletic Trainer (AT) – Wyoming Athletic Training Board; Or licensure in other state that services are provided in
Experience - 1+ years of Athletic Trainer Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 5+ years of Sports Medicine Experience
Certification - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
DepartmentMHOSH Sports Med/Anc Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
70 Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply