If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentMHMC-SP Ortho E. Colorado Blvd. Sports Medicine
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryCertified Healthcare professional who collaborates with physicians to optimize activity/participation of athletes. Encompasses the prevention, assessment and treatment of emergency, acute and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations and disabilities.
- Analyze systems and procedures and recommends changes to improve workflow and efficiency. Maintain and compile statistics for programs associated with the school.
- Assists with the budget by monitoring supply inventory.
- Maintain a filing system to follow injuries, progress, referrals, and treatment orders from physicians for all athletes in the school.
- Provides leadership and support to the athletes and assists where and as needed as directed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates initiative in individual professional development. Completes all education required by the Monument Health system and for licensure/certification in a timely manner.
- Actively promotes the profession within Monument Health and to the outside community.
- Uses appropriate critical thinking and judgment in the provision of care. Performs all aspects of treatment based on accepted national, departmental and evidence-based standards.
- Provides treatment that meets or exceeds departmental outcome standards.
- Execution of the training programs at schools, use of the ImPact system.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Athletic Training
Certifications - Athletic Trainer (AT) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners; for Trainers in Nebraska Athletic Trainer (AT) - Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services; for Trainers in Wyoming Athletic Trainer (AT) – Wyoming Athletic Training Board; Or licensure in other state that services are provided in
Experience - 1+ years of Athletic Trainer Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 5+ years of Sports Medicine Experience
Certification - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply