If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentMHMC-SP Ortho E. Colorado Blvd. Sports Medicine
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryMonument Health is seeking several Athletic Trainers to be a member of their Sports Medicine Team. If you have a passion for helping student athletes to achieve their full athletic potential this may the position for you! This role will help support the BHSU Sports teams as well as Float to all other needed areas.
An Athletic Trainer is a Certified Healthcare professional who collaborates with physicians to optimize activity/participation of athletes. Encompasses the prevention, assessment and treatment of emergency, acute and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations and disabilities.
- Analyze systems and procedures and recommends changes to improve workflow and efficiency. Maintain and compile statistics for programs associated with the school.
- Assists with the budget by monitoring supply inventory.
- Maintain a filing system to follow injuries, progress, referrals, and treatment orders from physicians for all athletes in the school.
- Provides leadership and support to the athletes and assists where and as needed as directed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates initiative in individual professional development. Completes all education required by the Monument Health system and for licensure/certification in a timely manner.
- Actively promotes the profession within Monument Health and to the outside community.
- Uses appropriate critical thinking and judgment in the provision of care. Performs all aspects of treatment based on accepted national, departmental and evidence-based standards.
- Provides treatment that meets or exceeds departmental outcome standards.
- Execution of the training programs at schools, use of the ImPact system.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Athletic Training
Certifications - Athletic Trainer (AT) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners; for Trainers in Nebraska Athletic Trainer (AT) - Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services; for Trainers in Wyoming Athletic Trainer (AT) – Wyoming Athletic Training Board; Or licensure in other state that services are provided in
Experience - 1+ years of Athletic Trainer Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 5+ years of Sports Medicine Experience
Certification - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply