If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentMHMC-SP Ortho E. Colorado Blvd. Sports Medicine
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummarySummer Camp Athletic Instructor
- 8 Week Youth Program
Athletic performance instructor assists Athletic Trainers with summer Optimal Performance Training Camps to improve strength, agility, and conditioning of local youth athletes.
- Assist with pre/post testing of camp participants. Must attend all staff training sessions and camp dates unless prior approval by supervisor.
- Assists with daily set-up/tear-down of equipment and drills and practice preventative maintenance of equipment. Observe all safety standards and uses protective equipment when required.
- Provides leadership and support to the athletes and assists where and as needed as directed by supervisor.
- Communicate patient concerns or problems.
- Responds appropriately in an emergency situation and assists promptly and professional when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Education - Bachelors degree in Health - Sports
Certifications - Athletic Trainer (AT) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners; Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Experience - 1+ years of Personal Trainer ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply