If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Anesthesia Monitoring Technician strives to address the needs of Anesthesia personnel in terms of supply control, equipment preparation, and direct assistance. In this role, they contribute to safe, efficient, and cost-effective anesthesia care.
- A computer inventory of all cart supplies is established and maintained current.
- Anesthesia supplies and equipment will be cleaned and/or replaced between each surgical case per infection control policies.
- Appropriately stocks carts in designated time-frame and documents cleaning in log.
- Lockable anesthesia carts will be kept stocked with appropriate supplies and non-controlled medications.
- Aware of proper sources to obtain service for equipment when needed.
- Demonstrates problem-solving, decision making, & priority setting as necessary to perform job duties. Prepares and assists Anesthesiologists & Anesthetists appropriately according to the demands of the surgical procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is available and in proper working condition.
- Handles unanticipated events & crisis situations in a professional manner. Is alert to potential problems & notifies appropriate individuals as necessary. Prepares blood warmer per protocol.
- Assists with daily set-up/tear-down of equipment and drills and practice preventative maintenance of equipment. Observe all safety standards and uses protective equipment when required.
- Demonstrates understanding of equipment and competence in equipment operation.
- Anticipates the needs and wants of the provider by preparing the patient, equipment and exam room for the appropriate exam. Patient care areas will be kept stocked with appropriate supplies and appropriate volume of supplies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General StudiesPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply