If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$28.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryUnder the supervision of the Nurse Manager , the Ambulatory Telephone Triage Nurse will be responsible for patient triage through telephonic nursing assessment, prioritization and subsequent care disposition recommendations utilizing identified decision support tools and collaboration with providers and other appropriate departments. The Triage Nurse will demonstrate performance consistent with professional standards and scope of practice, state and federal regulations, and licensing and accreditation standards.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Recognize signs and symptoms of an emergency and readily identify how to best support patients/families. Focus on patient safety and quality when applying appropriate nursing interventions.
- Utilize the nursing process wen interacting with a patient during a telehealth encounter.
- Employ decision support tools, clinical judgement, and available evidence to expedite a nursing diagnosis and disposition in a complete and organized manner, realizing limitations and seeking assistance as necessary.
- Utilize critical thinking and synthesis of objective and subjective data obtained during assessment to prioritize, identify, select and apply the appropriate decision support tools to each patient encounter.
- Communicates effectively using a variety of formats, tools and technologies to build professional relationships and to prioritize and deliver care across the continuum. Shares information and independently solve problems in a positive results oriented manner as evidenced by observation.
- Collaborates with patients, family members, caregivers and other health professionals in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Incorporates professional codes of ethics with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and unique attributes of every person.
- Assists leadership in the development of program goals and objectives. Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality programs that include best practice patient care outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentRCH Chronic Disease Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply