If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$25.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryDelivers quality treatment and assessment services to chemically dependency patients across the Behavioral Health Center's continuum of care.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists and supports staff/students, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Completes hospital-wide mandatory inservices as well as age-specific unit education requirements (pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics).
- Conducts educational sessions in community and schools as needed, as observed by supervisor. Uses age-specific techniques and didactic materials to meet target group needs.
- Conducts initial and care plan reviews according to unit policies as observed by chart review.
- Reviews and updates target dates on care plan.
- Conducts screening and/or assessments to make appropriate referral to inpatient and outpatient providers consistent with the needs of the patient.
- Develops and implements an individualized treatment approach.
- Facilitates age-appropriate groups which reflect treatment plans being carried out and an ability to prioritize and intervene in crises as observed by chart review and supervisor.
- Facilitates communication between nursing personnel, physicians, referral sources, community partners and other departments, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Meets regularly with the Social Services Coordinator to coordinate roles, functions and planning.
- Meets with patients routinely to review and update care plan. Communicates the process with the assigned staff member as observed by chart review. Uses age-specific criteria in developing and assessing the plan of care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Related Field
Certification - Licensed Alcohol Counselor (LAC) - Accredited University or accredited training facility or South Dakota Board of Addiction & Prevention Professionals (BAPP)
Certification - Licensed Professional Counselor - South Dakota Department of Social Services
Experience - 3+ years of Chemical Dependency Experience
Education - Masters degree in Related Field
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.
Job FamilyMental Health
DepartmentRCH Behavioral Health
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply