If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryUnder Physician supervision, the Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner may assume primary responsibility in their respective specialty area according to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. Responsible for management of selected at risk or complex patients and aggregate patient populations in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other Healthcare team members. Must demonstrate the knowledge, critical thinking and skills to plan, coordinate and provide care on a continuing basis.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Predominantly outpatient practice; spends 20% or less time in the inpatient setting.
- Acts as an agent of the supervising physician for any medical services that are delegated that are within the Advanced Practice Clinician's scope of practice.
- Assess, diagnose, treat and manage patients’ Healthcare problems/needs. Apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement changes to the plan of care. Anticipates and communicates changes in patient status to meet the needs of the patient.
- May share in practice call requirements.
- May perform procedures. May provide first assist coverage.
- No operating room requirement.
- No ED/Unassigned call requirement.
- Completes thorough, timely documentation in accordance with facility policy.
- Complies with scope of care under the guidance of federal, state, and/or local regulatory agencies.
- Complies with scope of care under the guidance of the supervising physician and/or protocols.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate referral and/or transfer of patients to another facility.
- Demonstrates a thorough and current knowledge of disease processes while conducting a comprehensive health history and physical examination or problem-focused assessment depending on patient’s status.
- Demonstrates appropriate referrals and/or provides referral information to the patients and physicians.
- Orders appropriate tests, procedures, and therapies in collaboration with medical staff based on relevant organizational and unit-specific policies and procedures.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment and formulates plan of care in collaboration with other medical providers.
- Recognizes physical, developmental, and psychosocial distress of patient and family, and provides appropriate interventions.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations, basing patient management decisions on individual patient needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certifications - Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) - South Dakota Board of Nursing or Physician Assistant (PA) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Mental Health Experience
Certifications - Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyAdvanced Practice Provider
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
ShiftDay (United States of America)
Employee TypeRegular 64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply