If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyAdvanced Practice Provider
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryPosition Summary
The APP Hospitalist functions as a member of the Monument Health Spearfish Hospital Medicine team and performs a number of routine functions to assist the Hospitalists and the Department in achieving its goals and departmental metrics.
The APP, within the scope of their hospital credentials, will work with Hospitalist Physicians to provide care to patients seen by Hospitalist service. Specific tasks may include (but are not limited to) assistance with patient admissions, discharge, managing patients including ordering and interpreting tests, labs, etc. The APP may be asked to round on Observation patients or to assess patients in the ED.
The APP participates in and facilitates communication of short- and long-term planning of patient care with members of an interdisciplinary team including (but not limited to) Care Management Transfer Center, Emergency Department, Home Health Agencies and Post-Acute Care Hospitalist team to ensure timely and appropriate transitions of care.
- Demonstrates a thorough and current knowledge of disease processes while conducting a comprehensive health history and physical examination or problem-focused assessment depending on patient’s status.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement changes to the plan of care. Anticipates and communicates changes in patient status to meet the needs of the patient.
- Documentation is thorough utilizing appropriate format and completed according to facility policy as evidenced by observation, documentation, and/or feedback.
- Orders appropriate tests, procedures, and therapies in collaboration with medical staff based on relevant organizational and unit-specific policies/procedures.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment and formulates plan of care in collaboration with other medical providers.
- Performs procedures and examinations within scope of practice, consistent with specific policies/procedures and scope of care under the guidance of the supervising physician(s).
- Recognizes physical, developmental, and psychosocial distress of patient and family, and provides appropriate interventions.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations, basing patient management decisions on individual patient needs.
- Utilizes critical thinking in implementing and coordinating medical and nursing interventions as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Manages daily patient census efficiently and consistent with departmental expectations.
- Has a good understanding of community and regional resources available to assist with discharging patients to the most appropriate level of care after hospitalization.
- Performs specific functions as assigned by Medical Director, Department Manager or Lead Hospitalist.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Shift is 5:00 PM-7:00 AM/10 shifts per monthPhysical Requirements: Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply