If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
ShiftRotating (United States of America)
Job SummaryUnder Physician supervision, the Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner may assume primary responsibility in their respective specialty area according to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. Responsible for management of selected a trisk or complex patients and aggregate patient populations in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other health care team members. Must demonstrate the knowledge, critical thinking and skills to plan, coordinate and provide care on a continuing basis.
● Consistently demonstrates appropriate referral and/or transfer of patients to another facility.
● Demonstrates a thorough and current knowledge of disease processes while conducting a comprehensive health history and physical examination or problem-focused assessment depending on patient’s status.
● Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement changes to the plan of care. Anticipates and communicates changes in patient status to meet the needs of the patient.
● Documentation is thorough utilizing appropriate format and completed according to facility policy as evidenced by observation, documentation, and/or feedback.
● Orders appropriate tests, procedures, and therapies in collaboration with medical staff based on relevant organizational and unit-specific policies/procedures.
● Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment and formulates plan of care in collaboration with other medical providers.
● Performs procedures and examinations within scope of practice, consistent with specific policies/procedures and scope of care under the guidance of the supervising physician(s).
● Recognizes physical, developmental, and psychosocial distress of patient and family, and provides appropriate interventions.
● Responds appropriately to emergency situations, basing patient management decisions on individual patient needs.
● Utilizes critical thinking in implementing and coordinating medical and nursing interventions as evidenced by observation and feedback.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Physical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply