If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyAdvanced Practice Provider
DepartmentMHHVI Cardiac Surgery
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Lead Cardiac Surgery APP will serve as a mentor and will provide leadership and direction to Advanced Practice Providers within the Department of Cardiac Surgery. Responsible for the coordination and provision of high-quality services to cardiothoracic and vascular surgery patients by the CVT physician assistant team including first operative assistance, endoscopic vein harvesting for coronary artery bypass graft, triage and discharge, preoperative and postoperative clinic, inpatient management and consult patient management. Also responsible for quality oversight and standardization of care for the service.
Growing cardiovascular surgery program. Two experienced cardiothoracic and vascular trained surgeons.
- Organize, oversee, and review assigned duties
- Maintain daily staffing and scheduling based on service needs in the OR, Inpatient units, and Outpatient clinic
- Direct, educate and mentor staff in the development of sound clinical judgment (synthesis of clinical data and determination of subsequent plan) to encourage positive patient outcomes
- Assist management with providing orientation and training
- Develop and supervise program development; participate in designing organizational processes appropriate to area of skill congruent with patient needs and organizational goals
- Create, advise, and influence policy that affects innovation in patient care programs
- Participate in work to improve the quality of patient care delivery and find opportunities for changes in practice, rooted in evidence-based standards of care/protocols
- Perform endoscopic vein harvesting, and assist in surgical procedures, including saphenous vein harvesting, open and closure of chest, cannulation and decannulation
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Physical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply