If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentMHSC-ST Recreational Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryAs a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Activity Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the residents’ activity, social, and emotional needs, as well as their activity needs, are met as established in the residents’ Bill of Rights.
- Provides an ongoing activities program designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment.
- Works individually with residents to assist them in the activities and to assess their needs.
- Provides materials for residents with special needs, such as tapes and records for the blind, etc.
- Assists and directs staff to assist residents with reading and writing letters.
- Encourages resident to participate in religious activities to meet their spiritual needs.
- Schedules activities that encourage individual and group participation and visits.
- Plans and schedules outside activities and trips in the community and arranges for transportation and supervision.
- Evaluates resident's reactions to activities and reports unusual observations to Nursing Supervisor.
- Sorts and delivers mail to residents and departments.
- Actively recruits and works with volunteers and is involved in promoting public relations within the community.
- All other duties as assigned.
A) Eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or as an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990;
or (B) Has 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, one of which was full-time in a therapeutic activities program;
or (C) Is a qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant;
or (D) Has completed a training course approved by the State.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Patient Care Experience
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply